This month, the Minett Mash-up Podcast takes us to Dudelange. Together with our guest, jazz trumpeter Daniel Migliosi, we visit the Pomhouse, a former industrial building which has been creatively re-purposed and is now part of the Centre national de l’audiovisuel (CNA). Daniel talks about his ties to the Minett, his Italian and Russian roots, and his exciting work as a musician. After our chat, we climbed up the nearby water tower, built in 1928, and enjoyed the beautiful view over the city and the surroundings of Dudelange.
Minett Mash-Up – De Podcast is a collaborative project between the Minett UNESCO Biosphere, the Musée vun der Aarbecht (MUAR) and our non-profit organisation Industriekultur-CNCI. The podcast is mainly hosted in Luxembourgish and is available to stream via Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Youtube. Follow the hashtag for latest project updates.
Notre « Minett location » du mois :
Pomhouse of the Centre national de l’audiovisuel (CNA), 1b rue du Centenaire, L-3475 Dudelange (Google Maps : 49°28’24.6″N 6°04’53.7″E)
About our guest:
Daniel Migliosi is a trumpet player from the Minett who is starting to make a name for himself on the music scene. He learned his musical skills as a child at the music school in Dudelange, then at the conservatory in Esch and is now studying at the “Hochschule für Musik und Tanz” in Cologne. Daniel regularly performs concerts in Luxembourg and neighbouring countries with his bands Daniel Migliosi Quintet et Retrospective Quintet.
Les sujets mentionnés dans cet épisode :
- Stëmme vun der Schmelz – A homage exhibition to the former steelworks and its workers, organised by the CNA, which will run from March 2022 to January 2023
- The Centre de Documentation sur les Migrations Humaines (CDMH) and the Italian Quarter
- NeiSchmelz – The new district coming to Dudeldange
- Op der Schmelz – The regional cultural centre in Dudelange, and it’s annual Jazz Festival Like a Jazz Machine
- DKollektiv – A local citizens’ participation initiative all around valuing industrial heritage and repurposing materials
- Urban Garden NeiSchmelz – A community garden opened in 2018 and run by a group of local citizens
- Den neie Mineur – A musical, which Daniel is part of, hosted at the national monument of the miners in Téiteng
- Haard Dudelange – A nearby nature reserve with beautiful views of the Minett region
- Minett Trail – A brand new 90 km hiking trail going through the southern Minett region set up by Visit Minett with 11 extraordinary “Kabaisercher” (lodgings), along the way
- De Stéckel – A rolling mill that was part of the former steelworks in Dudelange
- Diddelenger Schmelz – The former steelworks in Dudelange
- Pomhouse & Waasertuerm – The former water tower and pump room of the Dudelange steelworks